Learn what contacts are, and the various contact management features available with eduConverse.
In this article:
- What is a contact?
- Contacts Overview page
- Contact record
- Manage scoring
- Manage tags
- Manage exclusions
- List Cleanup tool
- Manage tasks
- Database sync
What is a contact?
A contact is a unique customer, lead, or subscriber in your eduConverse account. Each one of these individuals in your account has a contact profile record.
To allow the creation of contact profile records, you must have at least one contact field required in your account. This can be the email address field, system phone number field, or system name field. By default, we mark the email address field as required.
Note that you can make other standard or custom contact fields required.
To learn more about required fields, visit Use required fields.
A contact profile record counts as a single contact no matter how many lists the contact is subscribed to. You are only billed for the active contacts in your account.
Contacts who are unsubscribed, bounced, unconfirmed, or not associated with any list(s) do not count toward your contact total as they do not have an "Active" status.
To learn more about contact statuses, visit Contact statuses explained.
Contacts Overview page
The Contacts Overview page lists all contacts in your eduConverse account. To see this page, click "Contacts" on the left menu.
From this page, you can:
- View a list of all contacts in your account
- Apply a bulk edit to select contacts
- Use the dropdowns to filter the view by Tags, Lists, or Status
- Click the column headers to sort contacts
- Use the "Search" field to search for individual contacts or to create an advanced search
- Use the "Export" button to export contacts or use the "Import" or "Add a contact" to add contacts
- Click the "Email" button to send a one-to-one email to the contact
- Click the down caret on the right to add a deal, add a task, add a note, or delete the contact
- Click the contact's name or email address to access the individual contact profile record
Add columns to the Contacts Overview page
You can add extra columns to the Contacts Overview page. Doing so lets you see more data about your contacts at a glance. It also gives you more information to use to sort your contacts.
To display additional columns:
1. Click the gear icon on the right side of the page.
2. A dropdown menu will appear. Click each item you want to display on the Contacts Overview page.
3. To remove a column from the Contacts Overview page, uncheck the item in the dropdown menu.
The Contact Record aggregates and organizes all the information you've collected about a contact.
It provides a variety of contact management features that you can use you create, and update, and manage each contact:
- View and update any information you collected about the contact in standard and custom fields
- Add the contact to an account
- Merge or delete the contact
- View all fields, hide empty fields, and add new custom fields
- View a contact's score
- View, add, and remove contact tags
- View and manage email marketing list subscriptions
- View, start, and stop automations for the contact
- View and add tasks, notes, one-to-one emails for the contact
- View the contact's deals
- Send a one-off campaign to the contact
- View a list of recent activities including, information around deals, automations, campaigns, list subscriptions, and more
An Account is a record for each business you work with. Each record contains standard and custom information you've collected about that account.
To access Accounts, click "Accounts" from the Contact Overview page.
From the Accounts page, you can:
- Create, edit, or delete accounts
- View the number of contacts associated with an account
- Import a list of accounts
- Export your accounts
- Click into individual accounts to view and manage information about the account. This can include adding or editing general account details, managing custom account fields, viewing and adding contacts, viewing and creating deals, viewing or adding notes
To learn more about the Accounts feature, visit How to use Accounts in eduConverse.
Scoring gives you a numerical score that can indicate the contact's fit for your product and engagement level. Having this information helps you prioritize your leads and treat them differently depending on their score.
Scoring is a flexible feature useful to both marketers and salespeople and has many applications throughout the customer lifecycle.
To manage your contact scores, click “Manage Scoring” from the Contact Overview page.
You may not want to send to groups of email addresses. For instance, you might find that you are getting poor-quality contacts from certain domain names. With our exclusion feature, you can block those email addresses so that no emails get sent to them.
To access the Exclusions List, click "Manage Exclusions" from the Contacts Overview page.
List Cleanup tool
The List Cleanup tool helps you delete contacts from your list(s) that you no longer need.
For example, you can use the List Cleanup tool to delete contacts by status or delete contacts by email address.
To access the List Cleanup tool, click "List Cleanup" from the Contacts overview page.
To learn about the List Cleanup tool and how to use it, visit How to use the List Cleanup tool in eduConverse.
Tasks are "to-do" items for contacts or deals. The Manage Tasks page lists all contact and deal tasks assigned to you. This list can be filtered and sorted.
To access the Manage tasks page, click "Manage tasks" from the Contacts Overview page.
From this page, you can click a task to view its details, view information at a glance, view the status, or update the task status.
Database Sync allows you to import contacts from a MySQL database.
To access Database Sync to import your contacts, click "Database Sync" from the Contacts Overview page.
To learn more about Database Sync, visit Database sync for importing contacts.
The Exports page displays your export history. This includes all contact exports that are in progress and that are complete.
To access the Exports page, click "Exports" from the Contacts Overview page.
To learn about your export history, visit View contact export history in eduConverse.