You can export a single contact into a CSV file.
In this article:
Export a single contact
1. Click "Contacts" in the left menu to go to the Contacts overview page.
2. Click the "Search Contacts" field.
3. Start typing the email address for your contact into the search field and do not hit the return key on your keyboard. You'll notice the list of contacts displayed will dynamically change based on what you type. You do not need to type the entire email address – just enough of it so that the desired contact is the only one displayed in the results.
|While you can search for contacts using other field values, we typically recommend email address as this is the unique identifier for all contacts in your account.|
4. Once you have located the contact you wish to export in the search results, click the "Export" button.
5. The "Export Options" modal will appear. You can type the name of the export into the field provided and click the fields you wish to include with the export. Clicking the "Other Fields" checkbox will either select or unselect all fields under it.
6. Click "Export."
The export will start to run in the background and a confirmation message will appear at the top of the page. You are safe to navigate to a different page in your account, log out, or close your browser. The export will still run.
Download and view export results
You can download the results from the Exports page in your account:
1. Click the link in the confirmation message or click Contacts > Exports.
2. Click the "Download" link under the "Actions" column for the export.
Note that this link will be valid for 7 days.
A CSV file will open and display the export results you selected. You'll see columns for custom fields, lead scores, and deal scores. Tags for the contact will appear in a single column.
In addition, columns for the following default data will be included:
Email address of your contact. The data is pulled from a default system email address field.
First name of your contact. This data is pulled from a default system first name field. If the contact does not have a first name listed in your account, the cell will be blank.
Last name of your contact. The data is pulled from a default system last name field. If a contact does not have a last name listed in your account, this cell will be blank.
Phone number of your contact. This data is pulled from a default system phone field. If a contact does not have data for this field in your account, this cell will be blank.
This column will be blank for this report. To see the status for contacts, you will need to export them by list.
Contact record created
This is the date a contact was added to your account.
Most recent IP address of your contact at the time of export.
Most recent browser and operating system for a contact. This is collected when a contact completes a trackable action, such as opening an email in a browser, clicking a link in our email, visiting a website with site tracking installed, and form submissions.
Organization for your contact. The data is pulled from a default system Organization field. If a contact does not have an organization listed in your account, this cell will be blank.
Export one or more contacts
You can export one or more contacts from the Contacts overview page or an Advanced Search and then clicking the "Export" button.
Export all contacts
You can export all contacts from the Contacts overview page by clicking the "Export" button.
Export a list
You can export a list of contacts via the Lists overview page by selecting a list and clicking the "Export" button.