Contacts that click the unsubscribe link in an email campaign are immediately removed from your list. Unsubscribed contacts are then directed to a feedback page where they can select a reason for their unsubscribe action. This redirect action is by default; however, you do have the flexibility to send contacts to a page on your website instead when they unsubscribe.
Please note that setting up a redirect to your website upon an unsubscribe action is list-specific and will only affect the list(s) you choose to update.
If you send a campaign to multiple lists that share the same contact, the unsubscribe action will be associated with the first list the contact is subscribed to.
To redirect contacts to your website when they click the unsubscribe link:
- Go to the lists overview page and click on the dropdown for your list. Select “Advanced Settings.”
- From the List Settings modal, click the “Public Pages” tab.
- Click “Edit” next to the Unsubscribes option.
- Click “Redirect to URL instead.”
- Enter the URL of your webpage into the URL field and click “Save.”