The Sakari integration allows you to:
- Send text messages from eduCRM automations
- Configure SMS templates, have multiple phone numbers and send MMS (image) text messages
- Send and receive messages from the Sakari mobile app
- Gives visibility of the sent and received text messages
- Provides in-depth messaging details on the contact profile
1. Setup a Sakari account. Contact your eduConverse account manager, or create a Sakari account directly at https://hub.sakari.io/signup.
2. Log into your eduCRM account. Click the Automations button in the left menu.
3. Click the Create an Automation button in the top right.
4. Start a new automation by selecting the Start from Scratch option.
5. Click the Start without Trigger option.
6. Click the CX Apps option and type "Sakari" in the search bar. Select Send an SMS Message via Sakari option.
7. Approve your connection by using your Sakari login credentials from Step 1.
8. Next, log into Sakari. Go to Integrations > ActiveCampaign.
9. Retrieve the API Key and API URL, go into your eduCRM account. Go to Settings > Developer.
10. In Sakari, open the ActiveCampaign integration under Integrations > ActiveCampaign. Copy and paste the information for the API Key and API URL directly into the proper fields inside of Sakari.
11. Below the API settings, you'll have the option to turn on additional functionality.
12. To see when a new message is sent to a contact, turn on Timeline Outbound Events. This will allow you to automatically see a note on that specific contact’s profile with the content of the message.
13. Timeline Inbound Events posts any message received FROM a contact is then created as a note for that specific contact in eduCRM. This note will contain the content of the message.
14. To track opt-in and opt-out dates and times, turn this option on and you'll receive data directly on the contact's profile of when they opted-in for text messaging.
Note: If the contact opts out (which is done by texting STOP) you will see the opt-out
history on the left-hand side of the contact profile. If you don’t turn this option
off, those fields will initially be left blank.
15. The Received Message Information functionality, creates seven custom fields for contacts in eduCRM. They provide a little more information on received messages that timeline inbound events don't provide.
Pro Tip: One use for these fields is that users can create triggers for their
automation workflows based on the value of these fields.
16. Once you've chosen your options, click the blue Save button. This will automatically begin connecting your eduCRM and Sakari account for an initial sync. Once the sync is completed and successful, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Going forward, anytime a contact is added or edited inside of eduCRM, the information will be updated inside of Sakari.
Note: In your confirmation email, if you see that you have invalid contacts,
those are contacts that don’t have a phone number inputted into their contact
17. You're done- you've completed the full Sakari and eduCRM integration!