Custom reports can help you analyze information and answer specific questions you and your team may have around data or certain activities. When you create a custom report, you can save it to your account so you can access it at any time.
In this article, we'll show you how to create a custom report that lists all contacts with a specific custom field.
Before we get started, here are some terms you'll need to become familiar with as you create your own custom reports:
Dimensions describe data in your account. For example, contact name, contact ID, or city.
Measures are aggregate numbers.
A collection of data elements.
Each report you create and save is called a Look.
Access the custom reporting tool
The custom reporting tool is located on the Reports section of your account. This is listed in addition to your standard reports.
To access the reporting tool, click "Reports" in the left menu. Then click "Custom Reports."
Create the Contacts with custom fields report
1. Click the "Contacts" view located under Explore. This will expand the "Contacts" view.
2. Next, you'll need to add the Email dimension to the report. Click "Email" located under "Add Fields."
3. Add the Name dimension to the report by clicking "Name" located under "Add Fields."
4. Add the Custom Field Value to the report by clicking "Custom Field Value" located under "Add Fields."
5. Now you'll need to add a "Custom Field Name" filter to the report. This will allow you to only report on a single custom contact field.
To add this filter, hover your mouse over "Custom Field Name" and click the "Filter" button.
6. Go to the Custom Name Field filter. This is located under the "Filters (1)" header located on the top of the report.
7. Type the name of the custom contact field you want to display data for into the field provided.
8. Click the "Run" button located above the Filters header.
You will see a list of all contacts who have the custom field value.
Save and access the report
Once you create your custom report, you can save it in your account so you can pull it up later. To do so, you'll need to save this report as a "Look."
1. Click the gear icon located next to the "Run" button.
2. Click "Save as a Look..."
3. In the "Title" field, type a descriptive title. For example, you can name this report "Contacts with Tags."
4. Click "Save."
The report will be located in the Custom Report menu under "Looks." To access it, click the menu icon located next to the gear icon in the report, then select the Look you wish to view.