This app is compatible with iPad 2 or higher and you must have iOS 9 or higher. This app is available for all plan levels.
Download the Form app here.
In this article, you will learn:
- How to create a mobile form
- How to add and customize fields, images, and text blocks on your form
- How to change your form's theme
- How to customize your form's background
- How to edit your "Thank You" message
- How to add/edit form actions
- How to turn your form into a double opt-in
Create a mobile form
- Make sure you have downloaded the Forms app.
- Once you open the app, you will walk through a few welcome screens from us.
- You will then be asked to log into your ActiveCampaign account. You will need to enter your account URL, email address, and password you use to access your ActiveCampaign account.
- To get started with creating a new form, tap the “+” button on the top right of your screen.
- In the pop up window, give your Form a name and select a form submit action. The actions you can choose from are Subscribe to list, Add to Deal, Email Results, or Add a Tag. To select an action, tap the dropdown icon and tap the action of your choice. Tap “Continue.”
- If you are adding contacts to a list, you can choose to enable a double opt-in. By default, the double opt-in is turned off. To enable a double opt-in, tap the toggle. Once you do, the toggle will turn green. Tap “Select List” to go to the next screen.
- Choose the list you want to add contacts to by tapping it. Once you select a list, you will go back to the “Add to List” screen.
Tap “Add” on the top right of the pop up window to advance to the next screen. You will be able to add additional form submit actions after selecting a theme.
- Select a theme by tapping it.
- Your new form will load with the Full Name and Email Address fields.
If you are satisfied with the form as is, tap the “...” button on the top right of your screen and select “Display Form.”
This will display your new form full screen on your device. Please note that mobile forms will only appear in landscape mode. Portrait mode is not available for mobile forms.
When you're ready to collect subscriber information, make sure your form is in display modeand hand an individual your device. To prevent people from accidentally closing your ActiveCampaign forms app, put your iPad into guided mode.
If you are collecting subscriber information offline, the app will store contact information. Once you are back online, contacts will be added to your account.
To exit the Display view, tap the “home” button or triple tap the form screen.
Note: Forms created with this app will be independent of other ActiveCampaign forms in your account. You will not be able to see or edit mobile forms within your ActiveCampaign account. Subscriptions made from your mobile form will show up in the contact's activity stream and can be used in segment conditions and automation triggers/actions. The form will identify itself as a “Mobile Form.”
Add and customize fields, images, and text blocks on your form
You can add additional fields, text blocks, and image blocks to your form. Custom fields are not available for mobile forms, however, we do have the following basic fields that you can use:
- Full Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
To add image blocks, text blocks, or additional fields to your form:
- Click the “+” located on the top right of the screen
- Tap the item you wish to include on your form
Modify fields. To modify the style of your fields, tap on that field. A modal pop up will appear where you can adjust the background, border, shadow, corners, and padding. When you have finished adding your styling, tap “Done.”
Note: It is not possible to mark certain fields as required with mobile forms. Only an email address is required to submit a form.
Modify text blocks. To change the font, text color, shadow, font size, and line height for text blocks, tap that text block. A modal pop up will appear where you can make your modifications. Tap “Done” when finished.
Modify/add images. To add or switch out an image in your image block, tap that block and tap “Edit Image.” Tap the image you wish to add to your form.
To edit the size of your image, tap the image block and move the slider. To remove the image block, tap “Remove.”
To rearrange any of the blocks on your form, touch the field you wish to move and drag it to your desired spot.
Change your form's theme
To change the form theme, tap the “...” button on the top right of your screen. Then tap “Change Theme.”
Choose your new theme by tapping it.
Change your form's background
To change the background for your form, tap the “...” button on the top right of your screen. Then tap “Background.”
Here you can choose a solid color, gradient, or image as a background for your form by tapping it.
Edit your "Thank you" message
To edit the thank you message that will appear when a contact submits your form, tap the “...” button on the top right of your screen. Tap “Edit Thank You Message.”
A modal pop up will appear where you can change your thank you message. When finished, tap “Done.”
Add/edit form actions
To change or add form submit actions to your mobile form, tap the “...” button on the top right of your screen. Tap "Edit Form Submit Actions."
From the modal pop up, tap “Add Action” to add a new action. To edit or remove a current action, tap that action and make your modifications. Tap “Done” when finished.
Enable double opt-in
Mobile forms use a single opt-in process. If you would like to switch to a double opt-in process instead, tap the “...” button located on the top right of your screen in your form. Then tap “Edit form submit actions.”
Tap the list name then tap the toggle to turn on the double opt-in. Once the double opt-in is on, the toggle will turn green. Click "Done" when finished.
Note: It is not possible to edit opt-in emails at this time.