The new Email Designer comes with ten Blocks that you can use in your email campaign messages. Blocks are the components that you can drag and drop into your campaign design within Sections and Structures to create space for content.
The ten Blocks that you can use in the Email Designer are:
- HTML for custom code
This article reviews the new Block options in the Email Designer: Banner, Timer, and Menu.
The Email Designer will be available via the standard campaign workflow.
Email Designer Blocks: Banner, Timer, Menu
A Banner is used as an email header or footer. To add a Banner in the Email Designer, follow these steps:
- Click on “Blocks” under the Content menu in the sidebar.
- Drag the “Banner” block from the sidebar to the desired spot in your campaign.
- Click this block in the campaign to open the Content Manager. The Content Manager is where your images are housed. If you haven’t already uploaded your desired image to the Content Manager, you can click the banner block and click “Add File” in the modal that appears.
- Select the image you want to use.
- Select the banner to adjust image settings as preferred.
- You can adjust settings like Orientation, Banner Height, and Filter in the settings sidebar menu. You can also link to a page related to your image and insert alt text.
- Lastly, you can also make the banner image an anchor link for another section of your email. You can choose to hide your image in the desktop or mobile views.
The following dimensions — 600px by 300px and 600px by 400px — are the most popular email banner sizes. Once your banner image is added, you can make all the editing steps in any order. For instance, insert an additional image, add text and only then apply fonts.
A Timer block can be used in an email campaign to count down to a deadline or event, such as an application deadline or registration for a campus event.
To add a Timer to your campaign, follow these steps:
- Click on “Timer” under the Content menu in the sidebar.
- Drag the “Timer” block from the sidebar to the desired spot in your campaign.
- Click on the Timer container in your campaign to trigger the sidebar settings menu.
- You can set the end date and the exact time you want your countdown timer to use in the settings menu. You can also set the time zone, background color, timer size, font/size, and other settings.
- NOTE: The timer time zone will not necessarily reflect the contact’s local time. It will only reflect the time zone that you set it to.
- If you would like to set an image for when the timer expires, you can toggle the “Expired Timer Image” button and select an image from the Content Manager to appear.
You can use the Menu block to create a set of menu options. For example, you can use the Menu block to link to academic majors and name the menu items by school or college.
To add a Menu block to your campaign, follow these steps:
- Click on “Menu” under the Content menu in the sidebar.
- Drag the “Menu” block and drop it into the desired spot of your campaign.
- To customize the number of menu items in your campaign, scroll to the bottom of the sidebar menu and click “Add Menu Items.”
- We offer three menu items by default, but there is no limit to the number of menu options you can add. Please note that after 11 menu options, the line will wrap to the following line.
- Now in the sidebar settings menu, you can customize your menu. First, choose whether to use icons, links, or both. “Icons” stand for the images in the menu, while “links” stand for the names of the menu tabs.
- Once you select the link type, you can customize all other menu elements. These may include menu names, URL links, font, image, background color, etc.
- If you want to hide some elements for mobile, click the “Hide on mobile” icon.
- Lastly, these menu icons can be used as anchor links to redirect the customer to a different part of the email.