When a deal task is marked as complete, you can add the contact associated with that task to any active automation of your choice.
You may want to do this if you wish to add a contact to an automation that will update their deal stage or send them through a series of follow up emails.
There are two ways to trigger an automation to run when a task is marked as complete:
With the "Add Task" automation action
The "Add Task" action will create a new task for a deal. With this action, you set the task name, write a description, select the task type, set a due date, choose which deal the task will be added to, and what pipeline it should be in.
In addition, you have the option to trigger any active automation to run when the task is marked as complete.
Whenever a contact encounters the "Add Action" step in your automation, a new task will be created for their deal. They will then be added to the automation selected in the "Add Task" action when the task is marked as complete.
To add and configure this action in your automation, follow these steps:
- Click "Automations" to go to the Automations Overview page.
- Click "Edit" for the automation you wish to work with.
- The automation builder will open. Click the CRM option located in the right Actions menu.
- Click and drag the "Add Task" action and drop it to your desired location in the automation.
- Complete the following information located in the "Add Task" modal:
- Type the task title
- Type a task description
- Select a task type (Call, Email, Lunch, Meeting)
- Select a due date
- Select the deal that the task will be added to
- Select the pipeline that the deal is associated with. You can also choose "Any" pipeline if deals from more than one pipeline will be affected by this automation
- Click the "Start" dropdown to select the automation you wish to add the contact to once the task is marked as complete
- Click the "When" dropdown to select "Task is completed"
- Click "Save."
From the deal details page
You can choose to add a contact to an automation once a task is marked as complete. This is done on the "Create Task" modal located on the details page for a deal.
You may want to use this option to add contacts to an automation on a case-by-case basis.
- Click "Deals" to navigate to the Deals page.
- Click the deal you wish to create a task for.
- Click "Add a Task" located in the Tasks widget.
- Complete the information in the "Create Task" window:
- Type the task title
- Click the "Task Type" dropdown and select the task type
- Click the "Assigned to" dropdown to assign the task to yourself or another deal owner
- Click the "Due date" dropdown and select the date the task should be completed by
- Click the "Due Time" dropdown and select the time the task should be completed by
- Click the "Send a reminder" box to set up an email reminder for the task
- Click the "Trigger an automation" box and use the dropdown to select the automation you wish you add contacts to once the task is marked as complete
- Click the "When task is completed" radio button
- Type the Task Description into the field provided
- Click the "Add Task" button.